I know a lot of my workouts require little or no equipment, but if you’re going to get serious about working out at home or in the great outdoors there are a few key pieces of equipment that could be invaluable and should be in your Fit Kit – and the beauty of it is that it doesn’t have to cost a fortune!
You can get some great fitness basics from most discount department stores, like Big W, K-Mart and now even Aldi have jumped on the fitness bandwagon. So what pieces should you add to your own Home Fit Kit?
- Medicine Ball/s – 2Kg and maybe a 4 Kg
- Kettle Bell/s – 3 Kg and maybe a 5 Kg
- Yoga Mat
- Pilates Ball – a small soft ball that you can squeeze between your thighs, ankles, knee etc
- Aerobic Step – think 1980’s Step classes. If you have 2 you can stack them
- Light Hand Weights (Dumbells) – I love my set of 1 Kg, 3 Kg and 5 Kg (on their own stand)
- Resistance Bands – low resistance for beginners, medium to high resistance for more advanced
- Pull Up Bar
If you’re looking at creating or adding to your existing Fit Kit, these are the items I’d be looking at, and as I said it doesn’t have to cost you your first born child 😉
Of course there’s LOTS of optional extra’s, and one of my favourites is a Suspension Kit which gives you a phenomenal body weight workout, packs into a neat little carry bag that you can take anywhere and can be attached to any stable post, tree – even a doorway.
So now there’s really no excuse not to be able to train in your own time, on your terms with just a few key pieces to add impact to your workout.
Happy shopping, and happy training ladies!
~ Cherene x