Recently my husband and I decided to try out Hello Fresh – an Australian company that delivers all the ingredients and recipes for healthy meals direct to your door! This was probably one of my favourites! It’s quick, super easy, tastes amazing, and is one that the whole family will love! You can also substitute Chicken for the Bacon.
If you’re a No Carbs kind of person, then this one’s probably not for you – but just remember that Carbs are NOT the Devil, and are actually required by your body to give you energy! Oh, and of course…you can enjoy almost everything in moderation!
- Penne or Linguine Wholegrain or Rice Pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon Virgin Olive Oil
- 3-4 slices of Bacon (trimmed & sliced into strips)
- 1 teaspoon Butter/Margarine
- 1 Zucchini (peeled into ribbons)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed),
- 1 sm bunch Flat Leaf Parsley (roughly chopped)
- Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 lge handful Baby Spinach leaves (washed & patted dry)
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the Pasta. Stir briefly so it doesn’t stick together. Cook for around 8 minutes or until “al-dente” (cooked through).
- Meanwhile – heat Olive Oil in a frypan on medium heat. Add Bacon and cook lightly for 4-5 minutes stirring regularly to avoid burning. Add Butter to the pan and melt, then add Zucchini and crushed Garlic and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until Zucchini has softened. Remove pan from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the Pasta, then add the Bacon, Zucchini, crumbled Feta and Parsley to pasta. Stir through the Baby Spinach and Lemon Juice.
- Lightly season with a little salt & pepper if desired and serve.
- Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Serves 2 people | 2860Kj per serve (680 calories)