This is an awesome dish for dinner and/or lunch – and perfect for the warmer weather ahead. Courtesy of the Womens Weekly Food To Love kitchen…
Char Grilled Beef with Citrus Salad – (Serves 2, plus leftovers for lunch tomorrow)
800g lean rump steak Dressing:
1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
250 g fresh asparagus (trimmed)
Mixed salad leaves
1 medium orange
½ cup fresh basil (coarsely chopped)
3 shallots (sliced thinly)
250g cherry tomatoes (halved)
How to do it
- Combine garlic, orange and lime juices, chilli flakes, soy sauce and white wine vinegar in large bowl. Add rump steak and toss to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate (overnight is best).
- Cook beef on heated and oiled grill plate or BBQ, turning occasionally until cooked as desired. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes, then slice thinly.
- Meanwhile – cook the asparagus on the same grill plate until just tender. Cut each spear into thirds.
- Make the orange dressing – combine juices and olive oil in a small jar or bowl and mix well.
- Segment orange over large bowl, add beef, asparagus and dressing. Add remaining salad ingredients (salad leaves, tomatoes, basil and shallots) and toss gently to combine.
** Leave a small amount of beef aside for lunch tomorrow and combine when ready to eat.