Chia seeds are mini powerhouse! The reason they are so beneficial is due to them being rich in fibre, omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins and minerals, and also contain essential fatty acids alpha-linolenic and linoleic acid, mucin, strontium, Vitamins A, B, E, and D, and minerals including sulphur, iron, iodine, magnesium, manganese, niacin, thiamine, and they are a rich source of anti-oxidants.
These Chia Seed Protein Puddings only take a couple of minutes to prepare and are a great on-the-go breakfast option, or snack for anytime of day that the whole family will enjoy. Check out my basic recipe here and then add your own creative ideas…
- 200 – 250 ml Water or Milk of choice (almond or coconut)
- 2 Tbsp White Chia Seeds
- 1 scoop your favourite Protein Powder (any flavour)
- 1/2 tspn Vanilla Essence
- Make up your Protein Powder as normal
- Add the Chia Seeds and shake well
- Pour into 2 small bowls and cover with cling wrap
- Place in fridge and leave overnight
Uncover the puddings and add your own selection of toppings…strawberries or mixed berries, banana, yoghurt – whatever you like!