The way you start your day often sets up how the rest of your day pans out, and that’s why BREAKFAST really is the most important meal of the day. It fires up your fat burners, revs up your engine and puts some muscle in your metabolism. For something a little different from the normal omelette or eggs, give these Poached Mini Omelettes a go…
- 2 eggs
- 1 small slice ham, chopped finely
- Finely chopped tomato
- Sprinkle grated cheese
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Break the eggs into a small jug and beat well.
- Add the ham, tomato and salt/pepper and mix well.
- Spray the poacher rings with Olive Oil
- Pour the egg mixture into the rings and cover the pan with a lid. Allow to cook for approx 10 mins or until cooked through.
- As the omelettes cook, they will puff up like a Soufflé as they fill with steam, and will deflate slightly when you lift the lid off the pan.
Serve with a slice or two of Wholegrain toast and ENJOY!
Get creative and come up with your own fillings – think grated zucchini, mushrooms, capsicum, chives – whatever you like:-)