MOTHER, WRITER, SPEAKER, TEACHER, STUDENT & MULTI-PASSIONATE ENTREPRENEUR
I am a wife, a mother to 4 amazing humans and step-mother to another 4 amazing humans. I’m a mother-in-law, a grandmother and step-grandmother. Oh, and mother to my fur baby, Axel!
My husband and some of the kids
and Axel (my fur child & personal assistant)
The MANY Faces of Me…
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had an insatiable urge to know more about human beings, what makes them tick and their human potential. What it takes to be happy, successful and creatively fulfilled! Why do some people struggle while others seem to thrive. How and why some people manage to rise up despite some of the most challenging circumstances that life could throw at them.
Over the years I’ve become passionate about a multitude of seemingly unconnected things, and often out of nowhere – writing, pole dancing, positive psychology, fitness and health, business and spirituality, to name just to name a few.
As I look back over my last 30 years “Adulting” experience, I guess I’ve taken a less than conventional path (the path less trodden). I’ve worked in and studied across a diverse range of areas, – and have come to realise that this unusual combination of interests and skills are in fact a strength – not the liability I used to think they were. Today my CV would look something like this…
- Functional & Holistic Health, Wellness, Nutrition and Weight Loss
- Life and Business Coach, Mentor and Strategist
- Spiritual Growth Coach (Spirit Junkies)
- Meditation, Breath Work, Mindfulness, Stress, Anxiety and Grief Management
- Reiki, Crystal Healing, Aromatherapy, EFT/Tapping (Emotional Freedom Technique) & Numerology
- Aerial Yoga, Pole Dance, Barre Pilates, Kundalini and Yin Yoga, Core Vinyasa Yoga Fitness and Cert III Fitness
Over the last 15 years or so, I have also founded and created –
- Pol-arise Fitness & Dance (2004)
- This site and my blog – www.cherenets.com.au (2010)
- The ELLEvated Women brand (2015)
- The Business Bliss and Passion Project programs (2015)
- ZENergy One Health, Fitness & Wellness (2016)
- doTERRA Wellness Advocate & Team Leader – ELLEvated Living (2017)
Sometimes life can get “messy ” – and mine is no different…
There’s been some amazing highs and some pretty awful lows. Times when I thought I’d hit “rock bottom”, the most notable and messy events include –
- a VERY bitter, messy and lengthy divorce and custody battle
- living through a breast cancer issue
- chronic (business related) anxiety, depression, health and weight problems,
and the BIG one…
- in Sept 2014, was severely traumatised by the sudden and unexpected death of my youngest son Alex at the age of 23. This lead to major grief and depression, not to mention PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).
In that one instant, my life was changed forever! It would NEVER be the same again! I wasn’t the same person I had been. Some of my passions died when Alex died – and after 18 months of trying to “deal and heal,” my husband (Graham) and I walked away from our successful business, packed up our lives in Sydney and headed north to get a fresh start in beautiful Port Stephens on the mid north coast of NSW (Australia).
“When we heal ourselves, we give others permission to heal also!”
The Moral of the Story…
Sadly, we all go through STUFF, and we all get BROKEN from time to time – BUT we all have choices to make about how we react to, and subsequently move and grow beyond these challenges… much like the piece of pottery below!
All my past experiences have served to shape the person I have been at various stages of my life, and the person I am TODAY! The good news is, each time we get broken, we have the opportunity to “repair” ourselves (like the piece of pottery above), to re-invent our lives, and to ELLEvate our life!
Big love… Cherene ❤