HEALTHY DIET(ing) & NUTRITION
I have spent many years studying healthy, nutritious eating and as a Healthy Nutrition/Weight Management Coach I believe it’s important for people to understand more about the food they put in their mouths. What are carbs, what are proteins, what’s the difference between good fats and bad fats, low GI and high GI foods! Understanding certain philosophies like Gluten Free, Alkaline and Acid foods, Intermittent Fasting, Ketosis etc.
It is totally possible to apply different elements from a number of these different food philosophies to create your own unique style of healthy diet that suits YOUR body, and YOUR lifestyle. I did it myself in my own weight loss journey, and have never looked back. You can read my weight loss story here >>
- I believe in eating to FUEL and SUPPORT my body.
- In making mindful and conscious choices when it comes to the food I eat, and
- That food is there to be enjoyed…but everything in moderation.
Unless there is an underlying medical issue which requires a different approach, a healthy diet and nutrition should NOT be about –
- ditching entire good groups or
- spending your entire life one diet or another.
It IS (or SHOULD BE) about
- being educated and aware,
- eating well to fuel and support your body,
- to boost your energy levels,
- keep your hormones happy (or as happy as they can be during menopause), and
- still being able to eat the cake or have the glass of wine if and when you choose!
It also shouldn’t necessarily involve spending hours in the kitchen slaving away over a hot stove. Some simple mindset adjustments and basic understanding of food is all it really takes.
NEED HELP GETTING ON TOP OF YOUR DIET?
Click here to get book in a Discovery Call with me now
and find out how I can help >>
You’ll find many of my favourite healthy meal ideas in the WHAT’S COOKING section of my blog.