WIFE, MOTHER, GRANDMOTHER…
PERSONALLY – I am a wife, a mother to 4 amazing humans and step-mother to another 4 amazing humans. I’m also a mother-in-law, grandmother and step-grandmother – oh, and we can’t forget my fur child, Axel!
Some of the MANY faces of Me…
WRITER, SPEAKER, ZEN MASTER & WELLBEING WARRIOR
PROFESSIONALLY – for as long as I can remember, I’ve had an insatiable urge to know more about human beings, and over the years I’ve become passionate about a multitude of seemingly UNCONNECTED things. Today my “Resume” would look something like this…
- Kitchen, Bathroom & Interiors Designer and Colour Specialist
- Aerial Yoga, Pole Dance, Barre Pilates, Yoga (Kundalini, Yin Yoga, Core Vinyasa) and Cert III Fitness
- Holistic Health, Wellness, Nutrition & Weight Loss
- Supplements – Sports, Herbal and Nootropics
- Spiritual Growth, Life and Business Coach/Mentor
- Meditation, Breath Work, Mindfulness and EFT/Tapping (Emotional Freedom Technique)
- Stress, Anxiety and Grief Management,
- Colour Psychology, and
- Ancient Wisdom – Reiki, Feng Shui, Energy Balancing, Crystal Healing, Aromatherapy, Numerology.
I love to write, speak and mentor. I continue to learn and evolve – and I am very much a FREE SPIRIT!
But life CAN get “messy” – and mine is no different…
I’ve had some amazing highs AND some pretty awful lows – times when I thought I’d hit Rock Bottom –
- a VERY bitter, messy and lengthy divorce and custody battle
- the loss (death) of family and friends
- living through a breast cancer issue
- chronic (business related) anxiety, depression, health and weight problems,
and then came the BIG one…
In September 2014, my youngest son Alex was found dead at his home at the age of 23. No reason, no explanation and no answers for almost a year. This lead to major grief, depression and PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).
In that split second my life changed forever! It would NEVER be the same again! I wasn’t the same person I was before, and many of my passions died when Alex died.
After 18 months of “dealing and healing,” my husband, Graham and I walked away from our successful business of 10 years in Sydney, packed up our lives and headed north to get a fresh start in Port Stephens on the mid north coast of NSW (Australia).
The Moral of the Story…
Three (3) years down the track, and I’m back, but sadly, we all go through STUFF, and we get BROKEN from time to time – BUT we all have choices to make about how we react to, and subsequently move and grow beyond these challenges… much like this piece of pottery…
All my past experiences have shaped the person I have been in the past, and the person I am TODAY! The good news is, each time we get broken, we have the opportunity to “repair” ourselves (like the piece of pottery above), to re-imagine and re-invent our lives – and move forward to enjoy a life of joy, passion and purpose.
Big love… Cherene ❤
“By healing ourselves, we give others permission to heal also!”